We hope you’ve been following along with our best bets (5-1 ATS in first round Thursday and Friday from this past week’s issue of Point Spread Weekly, and improving to 6-1 ATS with Maryland plus-2.5 covering vs. LSU on Saturday before dropping to 6-2 ATS with Wofford plus-5.5 in a 6-point loss to Kentucky.
Or at least you’ve been following our dog-or-pass philosophy and betting more dogs than favorites so far in the NCAA Tournament as they were 20-12 (62.5%) in the first round.
For those looking for my best bets on Saturday, that’s in a separate article on VSiN.com for all-access subscribers. This is for Sunday’s second-round games. Lines are from the South Point as of early Saturday afternoon.
(863) Central Florida plus-13 vs. Duke
5:15 p.m. ET/2:15 p.m. PT
Tuley’s Take: Some might think No. 1 Duke is going to blow out No. 9 Central Florida and might not feel the need to watch, but this is must-see TV for me as I can’t wait to see Zion Williamson try to dunk on 7-6 Tacko Fall!! Besides, I have this line at Duke -10 so I feel we have a little line value here. And it’s not just Fall as the Knights need big games from their talented backcourt of B.J. Taylor and Aubrey Dawkins. Duke doesn’t run up the score by hitting 3-pointers, so that should help Central Florida stick around (heck, if North Dakota St. could stick around and cover, so can Central Florida. Best Bet: Central Florida plus-13.
(873) UC-Irvine plus-4.5 vs. Oregon
9:40 p.m. ET/6:40 p.m. PT
Tuley’s Take: I didn’t bet Wisconsin -1.5 vs. Oregon fortunately, but I had Wisconsin advancing on 90% of my brackets. Oregon is certainly on a roll, but I was ready to fade them and now I have my chance as the Ducks are favored in a No. 12 vs. No. 13 second-round game. There was a reason UC-Irvine was just a 3.5-point underdog to No. 4 Kansas St. as the Anteaters were very live underdogs, yet here we’re getting an additional point against a much less-accomplished (albeit red-hot) No. 12 seed. I made this line just Oregon -1.5 so I truly believe it comes down to the buzzer and we’ll glad take the bonus points just in case. Best Bet: UC-Irvine plus-4.5.
Tuley’s Other Sunday Leans
(865) Tennessee -8 over Iowa (thank you, Hawkeyes, for first-round upset, but think Tennessee routs them)
(868) Washington 11.5 vs. North Carolina (almost made this my third best bet – and these strong leans have also fared VERY well so far in the tournament, but if the Tar Heels play like they did in the second half Friday, they could run the Huskies out of the gym; maybe a Washington 7 first-half bet)
(869) Texas Tech -3.5 vs. Buffalo (I really wanted to play Buffalo here, but this line is too short; I made it Texas Tech -4.5)
(876) Virginia Tech -8.5 vs. Liberty (I made this line VT -8.5 and that’s not enough of an edge to get me on the dog)
(861) Oklahoma plus-11 vs. Virginia (I’d love to fade Virginia again after another scare vs. a No. 16 seed, but I have the line right around here and will pass as the real Cavaliers are more likely to show up)
(872) Houston -5.5 vs. Ohio St. (ditto to above game; I made this Houston -5, so right around the number)